Our mission is clear:
>reaching others for Christ
>transforming hearts into the image of Christ
>serving Christ by serving others
Brief History Of Our Church:
John Farson was the first Preacher and Trustee Board Member as well as starting the first Sunday school at Union City Methodist Church in 1853. Our first church home was built on North Columbia Street just north of Oak Street. Samual Carter a member of the church donated the brick to build the new church home. The building was used for 10 years when it become inadequate. In 1869 a lot was purchased on the corner of Oak and Plum Streets. A structure was begun, the basement floor and two classrooms was completed. In 1880 the auditorium was completed. In 1890 the tower and present clock added. Rev. J.F. Radcliffe was appointed to Union City Methodist Church in 1906 to build a new Union City Methodist church home. The new building was dedicated March 21, 1909. In 1966 the west wing was added to the building making our present church.